Breaking Through the Blocks: Summary
How to work more effectively with stuck clients
This Breaking Through the Blocks Masterclass is for Coaches, Career Coaches and others working with individuals presenting as ‘stuck’.
Those of us in the business of helping others achieve their potential are aware of the difficulties people often face in making the changes in their behaviour or lives that are necessary to more forward in a positive way. Indeed, we can all relate to the experience and frustrations of being “stuck”
Achieving a breakthrough with a difficult or stuck situation often seems complicated. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Becoming practised and confident at using a range of ways to challenge the thinking or beliefs of the person frees us up as coaches to be more useful to our clients.
This practical day will leave you refreshed, and with ideas for tackling a range of areas that need shifting. You will also have the opportunity to practice the tools and gain professional feedback from experienced, qualified coaches. It is also an excellent opportunity to network with other professionals in the field, share tools and best practice.
You will leave this Breaking Through the Blocks Masterclass:
- With ideas for tackling a range of areas you want to shift, and with a range of tools to enable your clients to move forward in ‘stuck’ situations
- Able to notice and challenge more effectively ‘blocked’ or ‘blocking’ behaviour.
- With tools that are instantly applicable to a range of situations.
- With some new perspectives on shifting ‘stuckness’.
- Able to address and overcome stuckness more quickly.
- Better able to facilitate ‘breakthrough’ moments.
Who is this Workshop for?
This CCS Masterclass is open to trained coaches only. You will need to possess a training qualification in career coaching or counselling, and be working currently with clients. The course is appropriate for:
- Career coaches
- Coaches working in-house or independently
- Career counsellors
- Development professionals (eg HR, Learning & Development)
- Change management professionals
- Outplacement consultants
- Occupational psychologists
- Business psychologists
- Coaching psychologists
- Counsellors in the work place
What to expect
- new tools and approaches
- practise in some novel writing techniques
- an approach to brainstorming for people who don’t like brainstorming!
- ways of challenging self limiting beliefs
- reframing weaknesses as strengths
Style of Training
This is a practical ‘hands on’ day with opportunities to practice the skills, to gain tutor-guided feedback
Robert Nathan BSc, MSc, MA, DipCouns, CertSystConsult, CPsychol
Robert has been career coaching and counselling people at all stages of their career since 1978. He has led over two hundred workshops in career coaching, team building and managing organisational change. He supervises the work of professional career coaches and counsellors, and is a Chartered Psychologist.
Robert has co-authored the text book ‘Career Counselling‘ (R Nathan & L Hill, Sage, 2006) and continues to write on coaching related topics. He regularly runs workshops for professional groups, such as the BPS Special Group in Coaching Psychology. Rob draws on his recent MA in Creative Writing & Personal Development to help stuck clients. Using a range of writing techniques.
For more details on Rob’s background go to Our Team
Gillian Freedman BA, MLitt, DipPsychCouns
Senior career coach and trainer with CCS for 17 years, providing career coaching to managers and staff in public and private organisations. Wide experience of training over 2000 HR staff in career management skills and coaching skills, and running change management and career and personal development workshops. Supervises the work of career coaches.
Gilly is a qualified coach (Solution focussed and Systemic Consultation) and counsellor.
For more details on Gillian’s background go to Our Team
Next Open Course
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the next Breaking Through the Blocks Masterclass date.