Wednesday 28th April 2021 0900-1715 (online)
Owing to the great success of transferring our established and new courses online, we are delighted to offer this invaluable training to CCS graduates, trained coaches, and Talent Managers, HR & L&D professionals with coaching experience.
Mid-life (45-60 years old) can be a time where many people experience confusing internal and external changes. Some are questioning ‘who am I now?’ others may be feeling that ‘I don’t want to do this anymore but I don’t know what I want!’. For many, these pressures have been magnified through the challenging working and living conditions brought about through the COVID-19 pandemic. Many will be experiencing precarious working conditions and considering how they can make sense of what they are experiencing and discover a more fulfilling way of living and working.
Mid-life career reinvention can provide an opportunity to help us to make sense of what we may be experiencing, discover what possibilities we are drawn to and experiment to reaffirm what motivates and gives us fulfilment. Undertaking such fundamental work with our clients can help to bring clarity to confusing thoughts and feelings, normalise a very individual experience and surface insight and learning to support personal reinvention. Now is a perfect time to work with our clients to navigate their mid-life challenges and to find fulfilling, energising ways of working and living.
What is the value of attending the CCS Mid-Life Career Reinvention Masterclass?
At the end of the Masterclass, you will leave the day:
- Clearer about the internal and external pressures that your clients may be experiencing, and more confident at enabling them to make sense of this
- Understanding a practical method for helping your clients at this unsettling time to support their sense making, exploring of possibilities and personal reinvention
- Being adept at drawing upon a 62-page Mid-Life Career Reinvention workbook (including 12 newly-designated tools) when working with clients
- Knowing how to integrate and adapt this method to your working context, whether within organisations or working externally with individuals and groups:
- If working externally, feeling confident of generating an income stream from client work on supporting mid-life career reinvention
- If working internally, feeling confident at helping your colleagues to move to better suited opportunities within or outside the organisation, thereby enhancing further employee satisfaction and employer reputation
- Having personally experienced some of the benefits that your clients can gain when working with them in this area
Some scenarios where Mid-Life Career Reinvention can be applied:
Clients who are:
- Feeling jaded, burnt out and want to feel reinvigorated with more energy injected into their work and life
- Feeling weary, cynical and, having plateaued, are looking for a new beginning
- Facing a significant life event (for example redundancy, bereavement, significant birthday) and are left questioning their current situation and their sense of meaning
- Feeling as though life and their career aren’t working anymore and are disorientated, unsure of who they are and what they want
- Wanting to go back to something that they used to love, reconnect with their true self, thereby helping them to come home to themselves
Who can attend CCS Mid-Life Career Reinvention Masterclass?
Individuals who are interested both in learning more about the topic for themselves, and in integrating it within their own work and business, who are either a:
- Graduate of the CCS Core Skills Accredited Career Coach training
- Career coach, coach or organisational coach
- Talent Manager, HR and Learning and Development professional, Organisational Change Manager with coaching experience
What does the Mid-Life Career Reinvention Work Book consist of?
A comprehensive 62-page work book to walk you through the Mid-Life Career Reinvention approach. This will support you to help your clients to surface understanding, encourage discovery and inform decision-making at this stage in their work and life. This includes both guidance notes for you as the coach and worksheets to use directly in your work with clients, including:
- Why mid-life career reinvention is becoming ever more important
- Benefits to us and clients of this work
- Exploration of the multi-level catalysts and pressures for this unsettling time
- Summary multi-level framework to support client to build their personal understanding
- Overview of the three-stage coaching approach
- 12 newly-designated tools that can be used directly with clients to support sense making, exploring of possibilities and personal reinvention
- Sign-posting to a range of literature and online resources
Fees and date
The Mid-Life Career Reinvention Masterclass (online) will be held on Wednesday 28th April, 2021 0900-1715 (London time).
The fee is £300 + VAT
Early-Bird Rate: For applications received before Friday 26th March and payment received a week before the masterclass the fee is £275+VAT
- the training day
- a 62-page Mid-Life Career Reinvention Work Book, comprising guidance notes, 12 newly-designated tools and worksheets and resources to use when working with clients
- the training day slide pack
To apply, please email email@example.com for an application form.
Dr Cathy Brown, Evolve
Cathy is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist who runs her own organisational development consultancy (www.evolve.eu.com) where she works with individuals, teams and business to manage transitions and change. As a CCS alumni, Cathy has collaborated with CCS over the past fifteen years.
Within her areas of expertise, she writes books (under the brand Testing the Water®), articles, speaks at conferences and is a guest lecturer on Masters courses at several universities. More latterly, she has been awarded a PhD within field of career mobility. In addition, Cathy helps to give challenged individuals a helping hand through life transitions (www.evolvetransitiontrust.org).
Gilly Freedman, CCS
With a training, psychology, counselling and business background, Gilly has worked as a career coach and trainer with CCS since 1994. As well as working with a huge range of clients over the last twenty years, Gilly specialises in career coaching for Doctors and women returners. She has trained hundreds of HR professionals and others in career coaching skills. Gilly is a qualified coach supervisor and supervises the work of career coaches.
Gilly worked on the successful CCS bid and won a National Training Award for career coaching skills training for the BBC. She is the author of the CCS Networking Companion and co-author (with Rob Nathan) of the CCS Job Search Guide.
Client feedback from previous Masterclasses
“It was to the point, light and pleasant, yet practical and with enough content.”
“I was able to create my own why, how, what and I found the materials very well written and informative.”
“It was really good, at the end I created my own WHY, HOW, WHEN.”
“I have seen and admired Cathy’s work in practice a few times, so my expectations were high when I enrolled to her “Finding My Purpose” masterclass. I was not disappointed! Cathy managed to combine deep knowledge of the subject with amazing elegance of delivery – something that I rarely come across, so we all learnt a lot in just a day, but felt energised after hours of work and hungry for more. The other beautiful mix that characterises Cathy’s work – deep insights and reflection are intertwined with really practical tools: I was able to surface my core values, spark some new thoughts, but also learn what to do in clients’ session and practice to gain confidence. So thanks to Cathy’s Masterclass I reconnected with My Purpose and am now looking forward to help my clients to work on Theirs.”
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to register for the course.