This half day Taking Control of Your Career Management course will enable you to develop strategies for managing your career more effectively.
Taking Control of Your Career Management course aims
People who manage their careers effectively balance their own needs with those of their employer. They take care of their own career and lifestyle wellbeing. They also keep a balance between achieving success in current work and alignment with organisational needs
‘Balance’ is a questionnaire which asks you about your current career management behaviours. It covers these areas:
- Building relationships
- Learning and development
- Career development strategy
- Use of personal energy
- Openness to change
- Work-life balance
- ‘Self Focus – Employer focus’
By the end of the workshop you will:
- discover specific areas which can improve your career management
- have completed and debriefed the online ‘Balance’ questionnaire.
Each Workshop will be tailored to suit the needs of the participants. The following outcomes may be covered:
- Develop a longer term career and life vision, and set of realistic goals
- Build ‘learning’ into your career development plan
- Develop more effective relationships at work (including building your reputation)
- Redress any imbalances in the way you manage your work-life
- Manage a transition at work more effectively e.g a recent promotion
A very practical workshop based on the tutors’ experience of career coaching thousands of people, and some recent research. Some tutor input, pairs and small group interaction.
This Workshop is run in-house for a minimum of six people. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.