Below are details of how the course is taught:
How the Course is Taught: Features of our Training
- Participants give and receive career coaching, based on the CCS Five Stage Model of career counselling
- Practical skills training with feedback from experienced and practicing career coaches
- Demonstrations of key skills and exercises by course tutors
- Training in the use of two relevant career questionnaires in the career coaching comprehensive Course Manual which covers all aspects of the course, slides, booklists, references, handouts
- Completion of key exercises from the CCS Self Assessment Manual. This provides 35 exercises, based on four important questions:
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- What might help me? Stop me?
- How do I get there?
- Practical exercises to complete between the modules CCS License is gained by successful completion of post-course test
- Detailed feedback is given
- Participants completing the training gain automatic membership of the CCS Alumni Association, with opportunities for CPD, a Newsletter and two learning events a year